Sustainable Sponges with Cellulose-like Properties
Innovative household sponge as an alternative to cellulose – sustainable production, high durability & excellent cleaning behavior.
Classic household sponges made of cellulose are derived from organic raw materials. The manufacturing and processing is done by chemical processes that are harmful to the environment and the final product does not have a long life.
Our sustainable CelluPlusTM sponge made from polyurethane foam is the ideal alternative. The synthetic sponge has the same properties as a cellulose sponge, but is significantly more resource-efficient in production. Thanks to its hydrophilic properties, CelluPlus exhibits excellent water absorption and is significantly more durable, as it does not dry out or dissolve itself.
CelluPlus has been awarded with the proprietary Ecovative label
The Ecovative label stands for our promise “Best in Foam - Sustainable through Innovation” and is our award for innovative product solutions with special sustainable and economic value:
- Resource conservation – High material efficiency through longer lifetime due to improved hydrolytic stability and material resistance.
- Clean production process – Simple one-step-process with reproduceable results, much less polluting process in comparison to cellulose.
- Health protection – Much less susceptible to mold growth due to the chemical structure of the PUR foam.
- People safety – Can be machine washed to kill harmful germs and bacteria and to maintain hygiene in bath & kitchen.
- Optimized functionality – Excellent water absorption thanks while providing perfect wiping and cleaning behavior similar to cellulose sponges.